Thursday, March 22, 2012

My shining friends.


Should I ever become weary of my world, should I forget that a special brand of magic awaits me each morning on these streets at my feet, should I fail to look up at this shining night the way they'll tell you not to in NYC, I'll remember you, my new friends, from Arkansas, from Texas. When I see my city through your wonder-filled wonderful eyes, I'm reminded how much my home means to me, and that it is truly only made special by the people, people like you, indeed, specifically you, who teach me more than I could ever teach you.

To Clarksville, a special thank you for your music all week. I must admit to being head-over-heels in love with talent. So, you've won my heart. I am a shadow in your starlight. In return, a song for all of you. Come back and sing it to me one day:


No comments:

Post a Comment